Friday, November 13, 2015

Faces of Homeschooling - A Call for Input

Today was a busy day. I spent the day cleaning house and preparing for my daughter's birthday party.  My feet are throbbing. 

Why cleaning the floors before a party is a silly idea.
I did have a moment of inspiration in the chaos.  I've always enjoyed learning about what others do during the day, whether at home with their children or at their jobs.  When I meet someone who has a job I'm unfamiliar with, I have lots of questions. I want them to walk me through a day in their life. I like to hear about the specific tasks of different jobs.  

I thought it would be fun to write a series of posts in which I interview people about what they do. Since I am part of a large network of homeschoolers,  I think I'll start with interviewing different homeschooling families to peek into their lives.  I know families who are just getting started and others who have graduated all their children. I know families who run a business on the side and others who are home with a houseful of children all day. There are many different faces of homeschooling. In fact, I think that's the perfect name for this series. Faces of Homeschooling. Down the road, I'd enjoy writing about Faces of other areas as well. 

I already have several homeschooling families who are ready to share their stories. What questions do you have for these homeschooling moms? What are you curious about? I need my readers' help with this project!

  •  If you're part of a homeschooling family who would like to be featured on my blog, I would love to talk to you!
  • If you have questions about homeschooling in general or are wondering about the specifics of how other families go about it, please leave your questions in the comments! 


I'm excited to see where this journey leads.

This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. I think one thing we all need ideas with is how to teach your child something you don't really understand. Maybe how do they go about their schedule when they have different grades. I have tons more but these are the biggest right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea. Unfortunately, where I live, I am not allowed to homeschool, though I think I have a couple of kids who would benefit from the option or a version of it. Looking forward to what you will create :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What led you to homeschooling? Do you plan to do it through graduation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa
    A friend shared your post in my homeschooling group on FB (Homeschooling Little Feet). I'd love to talk to you! Please feel free to contact me and even join my group. I can't wait to read your articles and post them for my mama's in the group :)
    Blessings
    Megan
    HeartLandHomestead.blogspot.com
    HeartLandHomestead3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I've sent you an email and will be checking out your group :)

      Delete
  5. You are awesome friend!!! Ask away, I always love a good chat about hs!

    ReplyDelete