Friday, November 6, 2015

Jamberry Nail Wraps - My Honest Review

I'm going to share a review with you. I don't often take the time to review stuff, mostly because I don't feel that things are awesome/horrible enough to warrant me taking the time to share my opinion. But I stumbled across Jamberry Nail Wraps a few months ago and when I looked for reviews, I didn't find many. So I decided to write one. What the heck is a Jamberry Nail, you ask? Well, in my own straight-forward terms, they are basically coolly decorated, heavy-duty sticker wraps that you heat up and apply to your nails to give you a funky, long-lasting manicure or pedicure. I'm sure there are fancier ways to say it, but that's not my style. 

The truth?

I love them. They have helped me to stop biting my nails multiple times and they are an easy way for a fashion unconscious (yep that's a phrase) person like myself to wear a little flair. They are an inexpensive way to pamper yourself a little. 

5 things I love about Jamberry Nail Wraps.

1. They are well-priced. When you order, you pay $15 for a sheet of wraps. I've been able to get two full manicures and two full pedicures from one sheet before, which means that each mani or pedi costs about $3.75. I'm not a person who gets my nails professionally done unless I am getting married, but I still feel this is quite reasonable.

Here I am showing them off whilst in the parking lot at Walmart. This was my first time doing my toes and I made the mistake of cutting them short beforehand. Would've been easier to file them down after. 
2. They are easy. Every time I paint my nails, I forget that I have just done so and do something stupid like cook dinner or scratch my tush and get them all smudged up. Once you've put on a Jamberry wrap, you are good to go. You don't have to wipe excess polish from the skin around your fingers (seriously, I told you I was uncoordinated) or wait forever for them to dry. To apply the wraps, you cut the wrap to the right length for your nail, heat it with your hair dryer, stick it on, file the excess off, then seal the adhesive one last time with your hair dyer. That's it. Then you've got nails for days, which brings me to my next point...

3. They last. The best part is that the wraps have stayed nice on my fingers for two weeks and on my toes for over a month. This is great because when I decided to start polishing my nails in an attempt to stop biting them, I got irritated every time they would chip, even a little. One little chip would lead me to start picking and eventually, I'd have to take all the polish off.  I have had a couple of wraps start peeling up a little after a week or so and I've been able to essentially glue them down with clear topcoat and continue wearing them.

These are my toes after over a month! I stubbed one of them running around barefoot but they sure hung in there. 
4. They look cool. Another thing I like is that I get to choose designs that there is no way I could ever replicate with polish. Most of the ones I've ordered have been sparkly, because I am a little girl inside. There are a lot of holiday themed wraps that look fun.

I picked a few wraps off and decided to polish the rest of my nails to coordinate. Fun times!
5. They are fun. Jamberry parties are all done online, which works for my schedule since Facebook is my second home anyway. The consultant creates fun games for everyone to play throughout the week, and you can earn points for playing. I've been a part of two online parties and at the last party, I won a drawing for free Jamberries. Yay me!

I'll be hosting an online party the week of Thanksgiving, so if you would like to learn more, just let me know and I would be happy to invite you. It's super low-key with no pressure to buy.

If you have any questions you can contact the lovely Tiffany Bailey, the consultant I have worked with, by visiting her website

Giraffe or tortoiseshell? Either way, they're sparkly and I love it. 

This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge. 

9 comments:

  1. Sweet review, I have used them before, personally I prefer my gel polish, but we all have our likes. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to sound too "salesy," but I wanted to make sure you know Jamberry has a gel polish line now! It's awesome and free of the 5 most common carcinogens found in other polishes! :)

      Delete
  2. These look so fun. I have often wanted to try them, then decided probably wouldn't like them since i change my color with my outfit. So changing them everyday would get expensive, I do think maybe getting a few sheets for special days may work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! Now I want to find out, if I can get them in Germany. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently the company is only in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and they ship to US military bases around the world. They are always looking to expand, so I'm sure eventually we'll be worldwide, but for now we're not. Sorry.

      Delete
  4. Good post. I must check if we get these in India!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently the company is only in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and they ship to US military bases around the world. They are always looking to expand, so I'm sure eventually we'll be worldwide, but for now we're not. Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Not to sound too "salesy," but I wanted to make sure you know Jamberry has a gel polish line now! It's awesome and free of the 5 most common carcinogens found in other polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete