Monday, November 30, 2015

November & December Goals

Here's how I kept track of my progress this month. I also had a checklist on the wall. 

It's the last day of the month and I've got goals on my mind. It's time to reflect on what I managed to accomplish this month and what I hope to accomplish next month. I wasn't initially sure how to organize this, but I think I'll sort them by how well I did. So, here's my analysis of how I did achieving the goals I set for November




Read four books this month  - Did it! I read two entire Harry Potter books aloud to the kids, as well as two books to myself, and began several others, as well as an audiobook.

Go on a good date with my husband  - We managed to go on TWO dates this month! We went to dinner and out shopping for the first and saw a movie for the second.

Attend karate lessons each Monday - Did it, and loved it!

Do something one-on-one with each child - Did it! I had a date with each girl, and they loved it.

Print out one more of the Spielgaben guides to keep handy - Did it! I printed just the pages we were planning to use.

Figure out a way to make Social Studies more of a priority and study it each week - We ditched our old curriculum, bought something new, and are enjoying it so far!

Encourage Lexi to read independently every day - Turns out, she's already doing this each night before bed! I encouraged her by allowing her to stay up a bit late.

Publish at least two posts that get over 100 views - Blew this one out of the water. Ten posts had over 100 views and one had over two hundred. I was pleasantly surprised!

Write a "throw back" post using one of my old journals as inspiration - Check!

Submit one article to Scary Mommy - I submitted two. Both were rejected, but I am glad that I tried. 




Reach Fit Bit goal at least five days per week - I averaged four days per week of reaching my goal.

Complete a video work out two days per week - I missed two work outs but otherwise completed this goal.

Do a hands-on lesson with Lydia twice per week - We did one activity per week. She asked to do a different set of activities so we started that up.

Blog every day during the month of November - I only missed two days!

Narrow down the focus of my blog and find my voice - I want to be able to write about whatever, but I did find that my homeschooling and parenting posts were the most popular. So perhaps my voice is "Weird Homeschooling Lady with Strange Ideas".



Try out two new healthier lunch ideas - I tried out one healthy lunch idea. It was stir fry. 

Figure out how to organize Lexi's room so it's not a huge mess - We rearranged and dejunked the room, added a new cart/night stand by her bed for her things, and added a reading chair. It's still kind of a mess.



Complete the "Live Abundantly" Bible study five days per week. - Abandoned. I started this, but I honestly felt like I was going through the motions and not getting anything out of it, so I stopped. I didn't want to spend time doing something just to check it off the list. 

Complete two pages in my 2014 photo book. - Abandoned this after I discovered I did not have any blue ink in my printer and could not print photos. 

Paint/decorate Lexi's room so it is no longer so pink and girly - Abandoned. After I took a closer look and realized she still draws on the wlls/furniture sometimes (when does that end?!) I decided it was NOT worth putting in the money yet. Maybe when she is older.

Visit the zoo before it gets too cold to go - Did not get there :( We were busy on the days that were nice. Maybe we'll have a nice day in December?

Take a day trip to Lawrence together - Did not get there this month. We'd planned to go back because Lydia saw something she REALLY wanted to buy in one of the shops, buuuut I found it at Walmart.

All in all, I had a productive month! I managed to make a large amount of cake, I finished a quilt, hosted two birthday parties at our house, read WAY more than normal, wrote a lot, and watched quite a bit less TV. It was a good month. I liked having monthly goals rather than daily goals, and I used my planner to keep track of each day. I really liked this system, so I will continue for December. 

Here's what I am hoping to accomplish this coming month. As you can see, I've already started to pencil (pen actually, which is kind of risky!) some in on my calendar!




Personal

Go on a date with my husband
Read four books this month
Finish reading "On Writing Well"
Complete one audiobook
Complete five pages in my gratitude journal each week
Participate in some kind of service project before Christmas

Wellness


Earn my orange belt in karate
Reach Fit Bit goal four days per week
Complete Metabolic Aftershock two days per week
Complete Walking at Home DVD three days per week (while listening to an audiobook! two birds, one stone!)

Family & Friends

Take each girl on another Mother/Daughter date
Host a family game night and invite siblings to come
Get the cats to STOP pooping in the basement!!
Take a drive with the kids to go see Christmas lights
Have a movie night with a friend

Homeschool

Complete one Spielgaben activity with Lydia each week
Finish Lexi's 2nd Grade Reading program
Help Lexi learn her music notes

Writing

Write an average of 5 posts per week
Publish a Faces of Homeschooling post each week
Write one Homeschooling is for Crazy People post
Look for other places to submit my work


So that's what I am hoping to accomplish this month. 
What about you?

This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Holy moly! This is some seriously inspiring stuff. Good work, mama.

    I didn't write nearly as much as I had hoped. I am not very organized about putting plans around goals into action. Perhaps that will help. I might do some similar calendaring to what you've done. I'd like to get 30,000 words (ish) written this month. I got in probably 3-4,000 words in November. I'd like to raise $500 for my adopted holiday family. I need to finish a special Christmas gift project that's really time-consuming. And I'd like to get on more of a schedule for non-work things, such as writing, self care, and household stuff like errands and meal prep/planning. That's my stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Holy moly! This is some seriously inspiring stuff. Good work, mama.

    I didn't write nearly as much as I had hoped. I am not very organized about putting plans around goals into action. Perhaps that will help. I might do some similar calendaring to what you've done. I'd like to get 30,000 words (ish) written this month. I got in probably 3-4,000 words in November. I'd like to raise $500 for my adopted holiday family. I need to finish a special Christmas gift project that's really time-consuming. And I'd like to get on more of a schedule for non-work things, such as writing, self care, and household stuff like errands and meal prep/planning. That's my stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You had so much going on and you still managed to post every day! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. If you are interested you can find a weekly Bible Study at http://www.his-kingdom-come.com/ Currently we are doing a daily advent study but at the beginning of January Take Me Deeper will start again with the theme of Identity. In addition I will be announcing a weekly Bible Study tomorrow called Glimpses of Jesus in the Old Testament.

    ReplyDelete