Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Questions & Answers


Hey guys! I'm wiped out!

Today I subbed all day. I spent the afternoon with kindergartners. You kindergarten teachers out there deserve an award, for sure! People think I'm patient for homeschooling but you who choose to spend your days with a fleet of needy 5-year-olds, well, you're way more patient than me! Whew.

I don't have it in me to write something spectacular today, but I do have some questions and answers for you. Since I'm asking you to respond, I figure I might give you a little information about what's coming up here.

Questions:

  • Will you take a minute to read my first Faces of Homeschooling post? I need some feedback! 
  • Is it too long?
  • Is it at all interesting or helpful?
  • What should I add or remove in the future?
  • What would you like to see as far as the next edition goes?
  • Why would I ever think that skipping afternoon coffee would end well?
  • Would you believe that Scary Mommy has rejected me twice more since the first rejection a few weeks ago?


Answers:

  • Tomorrow you'll have the joy of reading a funny interview with my 4-year-old.
  • Within the next week, you'll get to peek into the lives of more homeschoolers. I'm in the process of interviewing about four families right now, and I can think of four super interesting families that I will be begging to talk with me.
  • Coming next week is my Christmas list. Thought it'd be good to give you plenty of shopping time ;) I'd like to hear what you're asking for this year as well.
  • Writing every day is seriously cutting into my TV time. Today I finally watched last week's episode of How to Get Away with Murder. OMG. The self control it took to sit on that for a week! You should be proud of me. 


That's all I've got for now! It's almost Friday...right?!

This cat absolutely refused to leave my lap while I typed this, so I figured she deserved a mention. 
This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for writing every day! Srsly. Wow!

    I liked the "Faces" post, and I look forward to seeing how other families answer the questions and/or what unique perspective they offer. I didn't think it was too long, but now that I go back to scan it real quick, there is a ton of content there!

    Skipping any coffee at any time never ends well. Always drink the coffee!

    What was Scary Mommy thinking?! I can only imagine they have a zillion entries and it's more about timing than anything for writers of your caliber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some days it is easy to write and other days I cop out by interviewing my kid ;) Today I took the advice and drank the coffee, even though it was with dinner. Hopefully I will still be able to sleep :)

      Delete
  2. Keep it up! I'm a mom of twins of 5 years old so yeah...being with 5years old is pretty tiring ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet you have some great stories to share about those twins!

      Delete