Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I am thankful.



It's Thanksgiving Eve (yeah, I'm making that a thing) and I am reflecting. I have an awesome life filled with blessings. I thankful for many things. Many people. Many gifts that I have been given.

My husband
I have the best husband. I really do. He is patient, kind, hardworking, and extremely silly, though you'd never know that because he pretends to be normal. He works hard at (what I think) could be a semi-boring job that allows me to stay home and care for our kids. He makes my dreams come true. Honestly, he is a dream come true. I know that sounds super sappy, but I could not picture anything or anyone who would make my life happier and as peaceful as he does.

I cannot love him more than I love him when he is holding a beautiful baby.

My girls
 I never imagined that I would have two little girls to look after. They are awesome. Today my child used her own money to surprise me with ice cream. They are so thoughtful and sweet. They make me laugh and I am so blessed to spend my days with them.


My family
 I am grateful that I live near my family and my husband's family so that we can grow together and spend time together celebrating the big things and enjoying the normal, seemingly little things. I am grateful for all the support our families have given us over the years.


My friends
 I have the best friends. They are sweet, thoughtful people who make my days a joy. They are selfless and generous wives and mothers that inspire me to become the best version of myself. When I've had a hard day, I can sit down at their kitchen table or pull out a chair at Jose Peppers and let them bring a smile to my face. I have known loneliness before but now I am surrounded by a group of wonderful companions.



My job
I may not receive a paycheck, but I get immense satisfaction by living out my dream jobs every day. I am a teacher. I am a stay-at-home-mom. I am a writer. I have been given the gift of freedom to fill my day with tasks that I love.


My home
 I am thankful for my home and everything in it. It is not very big, and there is water coming up through the pipes in the basement right now, but it is warm and full of comfort and I love it. I am grateful for a place to call home knowing that there are many, many people out there who are homeless.



My cats
Sure, they are super "helpful" sometimes (read my observations on that here) but they are very sweet. It had been a long time since I knew the love of a pet, but when we adopted these kitties, they reminded me that beautiful things come in furry packages.

My faith
 Faith is not always an easy thing. I have struggled with it. I am grateful that God loves me anyway and will always be there for me, even when I don't deserve it.


My little pleasures
I am surrounded by small pleasures that make me smile. I have shelves of books in my home and a library card that gives me access to millions more. After a long day, I can sit and enjoy the entertainment brought by a simple television show. I have a computer with Internet access that allows me to share and connect with others worldwide. I live in a world with ice cream and sprinkles. Are any of these things needs? No. But I am grateful for these simple joys.

This is the appropriate amount of sprinkles/why I am not a grown up yet.

My life
I am thankful for the life that I was born into. My social location. I live in a country where I have many freedoms and rights that I often take for granted. I live in a place with access to clean water, shelter, and nourishing food. As a woman, I enjoy many freedoms that my sisters worldwide do not have. I am blessed.




Take a minute to reflect. 
What are you thankful for? 
Comment below.

This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment