Tuesday, November 24, 2015

27 Helpful Things Cats Do


I'm not gonna lie, this post started out as me just playing around with my photo editing software, practicing adding text to pictures. But as I worked on the picture, I quickly realized that it was definitely something I could write. 

Arya is all black and Luna is black, white and terrified of everything. 
In the past 20 months, we have acquired two cats, Luna and Arya. I love them both. They are patient with my children. They are snuggly. They are sweethearts. Usually. Sometimes they are a gigantic pain. There are so many "helpful" things they've done in the short time they've been with us.

That's just rude.

Every single thing on the list is something that my cats have done at one point or another. 

I present to you 27 Helpful Things Cats Do. 

1. Knock over full glasses of water. Intentionally.

2. Stick their faces in our drinks.

3. Poop in random places, repeatedly, for reasons I cannot understand.

4. Eat strings.

5. Eat so many strings that they require expensive surgery. (True story)
Want to guess how much I paid to have this removed from Arya's small intestines?

6. Climb between me and a book I am trying to read so that I can no longer see said book.

7. Throw up on the carpet. Only the carpet, never the laminate.

8. Sit upon papers we are working on.

Let me help you with that school work!

9. Sit between me and the screen of my phone or laptop.

10. Attempt to eat food off my plate when I get up to refill my drink.

11. Lick their fur until it falls out.

Is this book any good? Can you see my entire butt hole? Pretty soon I won't have ANY fur left!
12. Escape and head toward a busy intersection when I open the door to get the mail.

13. Sneak into a child's dark bedroom and get shut there overnight.

14. Wake me/my child up at 4 am with loud purring and kneading to the face.

15. Stare at me while I am using the toilet.

16. Eat the erasers off of pencils.

These look delicious!
17. Chew on Christmas lights. 

18. Climb the Christmas tree until it falls over and breaks.

19. Get overly excited while hunting a bird outside the window and knock over (and break) our brand new lamp.

20. Attempt to eat straight pins out of my pin cushion, then poop on my sewing project out of spite when I remove them from the premises. 

True story.

21. Sharpen their (nonexistent) claws on the back of the flat screen TV.

22. Chew the leaves off of the sweet potato plant my kids are growing.

23. Climb into and proceed to the very back of the corner cabinet while I attempt to reach my 9 x 13 pan, then refuse to come out.

Can we help you with something?

24. Spit their medicine out onto the carpet even when I disguise it inside an expensive treat specifically designed for concealing medicine.

25. Meow pathetically at me each time you walk by their food bowl, as though I did not just feed them 30 minutes prior. 

26. Find the one allergic person at our party and rub up against them repeatedly.

27. Get into dangerous predicaments. 

Both the cat and the box fell down the stairs. Neither was harmed. 

Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly. They certainly keep me entertained. 

Arya knows how to throw some serious shade.

But she also gives the best hugs. 

I could probably list 127 "helpful" things my cats do. Am I the only one? Are my cats especially ridiculous or are all cats this way? 

Please weigh in on this in the comments.  

Dog owners, I want to hear your take on this too!

This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge

2 comments:

  1. My dogs also love to climb between me and a good book. That actually happened about 10 minutes ago. Oh and puking on the carpet not the linoleum - I'm convinced this is intentional. Honestly, most of the "helpful" things your cats do would apply to one of my dogs in some form. But I do love them and wouldn't trade them for anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, pets! Occasionally frustrating, but like you said, I wouldn't trade them!

      Delete