Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Goals for November

I like the idea of setting goals for myself. I find it motivating to check things off of a list. The past two years I have attempted to make lists of goals to complete over the course of the coming year. The trouble is, as the year goes on, my priorities tend to change or different opportunities pop up. Today I read a great blog post at Life at the Dahl House that inspired me to rethink how I do goals. This particular post had goals listed for the month, as well as an assessment of how the previous month's goals were reached (or not reached). I liked this idea a lot so I decided to give it a try. The idea of re-evaluating each month made more sense than trying to envision an entire year at a time. Here's hoping that I'll find success!

Goals for November

Personal
Read four books this month
Complete the "Live Abundantly" Bible study five days per week
Go on a good date with my husband
Complete two pages in my 2014 photo book

Which four of these books will I make it through? 

Wellness
Attend karate lessons each Monday
Reach Fit Bit goal at least five days per week
Complete a video work out two days per week
Try out two new healthier lunch ideas

Here's how I stay moving when it's cold and dark out. 

Family
Figure out how to organize Lexi's room so it's not a huge mess
Paint/decorate the room so it is no longer so pink and girly
Visit the zoo before it gets too cold to go
Take a day trip to Lawrence together
Do something one-on-one with each child

It's a cute room, but it's more suited to a girly girl and I happen to have a ninja/Pokemon master on my hands.

Homeschool
Print out one more of the Spielgaben guides to keep handy
Do a hands-on lesson with Lydia twice per week
Figure out a way to make Social Studies more of a priority and study it each week
Encourage Lexi to read independently every day

This is the Spielgaben, a giant box of parts. I should write a post on this thing. 

Writing
Blog every day during the month of November
Narrow down the focus of my blog and find my voice
Publish at least two posts that get over 100 views
Write a "throw back" post using one of my old journals as inspiration 
Submit one article to Scary Mommy


Do you have goals? 
How do you set about achieving them? 
Do you have any tips for holding yourself accountable? 
I'd love to hear what your goals are!


This post is part of the 30 Day Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. That's an impressive list!
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim! I know I might not reach them all, but I'm determined to try!

      Delete
  2. I love lists too and lots of goals that I am working on. One of these is a new approach to de-cluttering and creating space. I am also building up new networks locally, and meeting new people. I like the idea of setting monthly goals and then doing an assessment. I might consider that. Currently I am making myself accountable by sharing my goals and progress on my blog: http://itchfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say, good luck Melissa!! You have some good goals and hope you make good progress.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sandie! De-cluttering to create space is another goal I should add to my list soon. I like how you worded that- creating space- because I think our little house has a lot of space that might be put to better use if we cleaned it up a bit.

      Delete
  3. An awesome list, I totally need to work on health goals again. I just keep forgetting so thanks for the reminder. As far as being held accountable? Shesh I an pretty much on my own with it. Like with weight loss my dear hubby brings home snacks that only I like and he knows how much I hate wasting money. So it gets tough. I was doing a video a day which did help keep me accountable. Good Luck :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it really helps to have someone to help hold me accountable, but there are so many things I need help with it is kind of overwhelming!

      Delete
  4. This is a great list!!! Health/wellness goals always seem to be my toughest to conquer, and I am totally impressed with you meeting your FitBit goals 5 days a week. Also love several of the books you have pictured, and I am waiting on Why Not Me from the library (the holds list is a mile long!). Thanks for sharing your goals, and linking my post!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, wellness goals are hard! I was doing awesome hitting my Fit Bit goals every day...but then with the time change, it gets dark so early and I don't really have time to walk any more.

      I noticed that I had read all the books you read last month :) Looks like we have similar taste in books!

      Delete
  5. It is a real journey to figure out how goals fit in with who we are. Have fun with this attempt, looks inspiring to me :)

    ReplyDelete