Sunday, December 6, 2015

Hibernation

I feel kind of slumpy.

I think it's the weather, even though the weather has been pretty nice.

Maybe it's the season.

Could be Daylight Saving Time. It gets dark so early now.

I'm not sure what it is.

For whatever reason, I don't really feel like doing anything.

I don't feel like doing my work out videos even though they are only 15 minutes long.

I don't feel like watching my shows. I am actually behind on them.  For those of you who know me well, this should come as a real shock.

I haven't particularly felt like writing. I didn't write enough to do a Too Long, Did Write this week. I'm not even going to go downstairs and create a cool graphic for this blog entry. I'm sorry : /

I don't want to eat salad, or anything cold (except ice cream, there's always room for ice cream) or remotely healthy and I actually like salad a lot. It just doesn't sound good right now.

I want to hibernate.

I want to put on comfy clothes, eat a bowl of chili (with Fritos, of course) curl up in my bed with a stack of books, and never come out.

I understand why animals hibernate.

Why can't I have that for myself?

I have not felt like doing much of anything this week.

I read a book from cover to cover in 24 hours (It's called The Sea of Tranquility and I give it 5 stars) and I just want to do that again and again. I don't exactly have a specific book I want to read though.

There are plenty of books on my night stand, but none of them are begging me to turn their pages.

I could drag a CD player in here and listen to audio books. I've got a pretty funny one going right now. That would be the least active form of reading ever.

I might need to try that.

I am a mammal and I am choosing to hibernate this winter. If other mammals can do it, so can I. I'm supposed to be smarter than them, and frankly, hibernation seems like a fantastic plan right now.

I will fill up on delicious warm foods (Ramen noodles, anyone? The kind in the little styrofoam cup) make a nest of blankets in my bed, put a cat or two on my lap, and go to sleep until March.

I mean, wake me up for Christmas, but after that I am going back to bed.

See you in the spring!

1 comment:

  1. I felt like that for about two weeks, turned out I had a really bad sinus infection and didn't know it. Depression is real but it sounds to me you just need the soft cozzy blankets and the warm cocoa and some time alone. So, see you in the spring.

    ReplyDelete