Friday, October 7, 2016

September & October Goals

September Goals Update

September was kind of a weird month, in my opinion. It was blazing hot for the most part, which I didn't love. The good news is that my allergies were under control and I was able to be outside without feeling like death. It was a busy month of getting back into routines, which was nice. I feel like I accomplished quite a bit, but there's still a lot to do, particularly where the house is concerned. But maybe there will always be updates to make. We shall see.

 I did not miss our old house at all, despite the fact that it entered my dreams a few times. I love it here! I got a new haircut that has made me feel sassy and adventurous so get ready for that. My friend and I started a YouTube channel called That's Puzzling, and I'm pretty sure I will make millions being a YouTube personality some day. Please fill me in on the puzzling issues in your life so I can talk about them on the internet like a regular friend would do. 

 Anyway, here's how I did with my goals this month. 


Start setting up my basement mom cave - I've got a couple of tables and puzzles going down there. I need to decorate a little and maybe get some chairs that can live down there. 
Clear boxes and junk from main floor - Check
Arrange new and old furniture - The main floor is looking better
Go to Spinach Festival together - The kids and I went with my parents. It was fun.
Have a movie or game night/Schedule and host some kind of get together - Had a puzzle night with friends a couple times and had my brother over for dinner and games
Attempt another date night - We had lunch and saw Mastermind. It was pretty dang dumb. 
Continue karate and volleyball - Check. We won a game, shockingly. 
Walk every week - Check. It was soooo hot early in the month but now that it's cooler I'm getting out there more. 
Go see Masterminds - Check. Like I said, dumb. Which is unfortunate because it had a great cast. 
Practice handwriting with Lydia more regularly - Check. 
Continue writing regularly, in whatever form inspires me - Check. 


Create a space for journaling and/or Bible study - I got some bar height chairs and made a space. Just need to better utilize it. I also have a decorating idea. 
Work back up to a full schedule of subjects - We're nearly there. 



Pick up the rest of our boxes from Mark and Kathy's garage and go through them - I picked up a van load. Most of it is in the garage or spread all over Lydia's room. Blarf. 
Return all the stuff I bought that I don't want (it's a real struggle) - I returned a lot of stuff. Got a couple of tension rods floating around...
Get a grip on the new budget - Still have yet to have a normal month of expenses and pay, so I'm waiting to see what that's going to look like. 



Read two books - So I made the call to buy the book Alexander Hamilton, an 800+ page biography of the guy. It's fascinating but it's not quick reading. So it's going to take me a while. Also working on a book a friend wrote. 



October Goals 

House
Have someone come out and look at our kitchen
Pick out a new sink
Pick up and unpack more boxes 

Personal
Finish at least two chapters of Alexander Hamilton
Get into a morning routine for writing and Bible reading

Family
Spend some time in Lawrence at the Pumpkin Patch

Wellness
Try out my Dad's gym
Consider getting a membership and starting a weight routine

Social
Get together with friends every week in some form
Have Book Club?

School
Finish the next writing unit
Get caught back up with planning

Creative
Finish a story
Publish at least two more episodes of That's Puzzling (the first episode is here if you haven't had the pleasure of watching it)

No comments:

Post a Comment