Tuesday, August 9, 2016

July and August Goals

July Goals Review

I'm not late on this post because I've been busy, I'm late on this post because I've been trying to decide if it is worth it to have any goals for August besides move into a new house while maintaining some semblance of sanity. I decided to go ahead and make a list, because I've done well keeping up with these monthly goals and I don't want to skip a month and lose momentum. We'll see how it goes!




Read a book - I read 3! The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Dinner, and The Life Changing Magic of not Giving a _____. The first was an amazing story that I really enjoyed, second was kind of mediocre, but third was an absolute life changer. I highly recommend you check it out, unless you're easily offended by foul language. You've been warned. 
See the new Ghostbusters movie - May or may not have seen it more than once. Loved it! Highly recommend. This movie is important for women. I'd love to lecture you about it if given the opportunity ;)
Make Lydia's birthday special - The kid got to celebrate three different times. She had a blast turning 5!
Coffee and/or dinner with friends - Check, more than once. 
Celebrate my 30th birthday - Check. I got three glorious days and nights kid-free and got to celebrate with some people I love!
Figure out a curriculum for Legacy for the fall - Check. 
Find a great house and buy it!!! - Check! We close in a couple of weeks! Can't wait.




Get back into some kind of routine - We started up a bit of school again, I think we all needed some sort of structure. We're easing into it, just a couple of subjects going currently. 
Blog weekly - I didn't post a blog entry each week, but I worked on some posts for several days, I wrote every single week, did a lot of journaling, and finished a short story. 




Do an additional purge - Aside from throwing away a lot of stuff from Lydia's room and getting rid of a lot of my clothes, I still have purging to do. 
Do some art projects - Yeah, not so much. I mean I painted something, but not with the kids. 


~~~~

August Goals

House
PACK
CLOSE
MOVE!
Get an estimate for patio repairs
Get an estimate for kitchen updates
Furnish at least one living space

Personal
Finish reading Lean In

Family
Schedule a date with Tim

Wellness
Scope out some places to walk near my new home
Volleyball and karate on Mondays!

Social
Schedule a karaoke night with friends

School
Get the first month of Legacy planned and gather supplies
Determine a space for school in our new house
Try out a couple of different routines to see what works best

Writing
Blog at least twice
Finish a short story
Try to incorporate journaling regularly, if not daily



Two weeks until moving day! We'll see what I manage to accomplish this month :) I don't think I'm going to feel too guilty if I don't get much more than moving done in August. There's always September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment